The Town of Bayview is required by Texas Windstorm Insurance (TWIA) to abide by windstorm (Zone 1) building standards.  All construction in Texas is required to abide by the International Residential Code.  Additionally, Texas Flood and FEMA require that we have a Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance.  Checks the Permits tab and read all ordinances for more details.  Contact the Town of Bayview or the Building Inspector with any questions.

Right of Way

What is my Right of Way?

The portion of your property out to the road that you are responsible for maintaining to ROW ordinance standards.   The size of your ROW is based on the street on which you live.  Know the size of your ROW by checking the RIGHT of WAY MEASUREMENTS button below.



Building and Standard Commission- Contact info@bayviewtexas.us if you are interested in volunteering